Quinoa is the base for many of my lunch salads. It’s so quick, easy, and can be dressed up or dressed down; kinda like your favorite outfit! This time, I decided to jazz it up Southwestern Style!
I happen to be a big “meal-prep” fan. By planning and prepping your meals in advance, you gain control over your caloric intake. It’s also such a relief for a person with a hectic schedule!
Our Southwestern Quinoa Salad is perfect by itself, or as a side to your favorite protein (I love it with salmon). With this particular serving, I chose to have an avocado and a ¼ piece of pita bread… mmm yummers! You can also take the ingredients and stuff it into a bell pepper and have a green salad as your side dish. This is how I mix up my weekly meals! Well, without further ado… here’s our Southwestern Quinoa Salad recipe. Enjoy and #ChewRight, my friends! And as always, let us know how it turns out!
- 1 cup of cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 cup of tri-colored bell peppers
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup of rinsed canned corn
- 1/4 cup of rinsed canned black beans
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup of red onion, chopped
- 1 cup of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender add cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper, and blend until smooth- set aside
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and mix well
- Add salad dressing