Let’s face it: it’s not brunch, if there’s no mimosas. Some may think “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,” but sometimes, the good ol’ mimosa needs a bit of a remix. And what better way to do that than to combine adult fun with one of your favorite childhood memories? We’re talking about the Orange Dreamsicle, of course!
This recipe is so simple, tasty, and surprisingly, not terribly bad for you. Did you know that one glass of champagne is 91 calories? Not bad for a good fizzy, adult bever-ahj! Plus, I used WholeFruit brand’s Valencia Orange sorbet, which is naturally fat free. And guess what? You can make this drink even more guilt-free by omitting the vanilla ice cream. It’s still just as yum! So kick that boring mimosa to the curb, and enjoy our Orange Dreamsicle Mimosa! Cheers!
- 1 bottle of your favorite champagne (think dryer; the other ingredients are already sweet)
- 1 or 2 scoops of Orange Sorbet (your preference)
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
- juice of half of a tangerine
- Straws for drinking!
- Add scoop(s) of orange sorbet to bottom of glass
- Pour champagne into glass, leaving some space at the top
- Squeeze in fresh tangerine juice
- Top with scoop of vanilla
- Voila! Enjoy!