What better way to show your Valentine that you really love them, than with these “guilt-free” Cupid’s Carrot Cake Cupcakes?! These lusciously sweet and moist treats are perfect alternatives to other more calorie-packed confections. Cupid’s Carrot Cake Cupcakes will leave your sweetheart begging for more! Wanna know what’s even better than “guilt-free” cupcakes? These #ChewRight delights can be whipped up in less than an hour, and for less than $12 bucks (to serve 8), you won’t break the bank!
I am kinda new to the baking world. But not new to the eating of baked goods. I love biting into a moist, sweet, and decadent cupcake. Frankly, my favorite thing is always the frosting! Cream Cheese Frosting! That’s probably why I love carrot cake so much! I found a way for you to enjoy your cake, and have your frosting at a fraction of the calories! Try these Cupid’s Carrot Cake Cupcakes and let me know what ya think.
#ChewRight Healthy Tip: One of the best tricks to not over-indulging on sweets is PORTION CONTROL! Since Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday this year, make this recipe in advance, set aside one for you and your Valentine, and pack the rest up to take to work to share the love! I’m sure they would all appreciate it! Shhhh. Don’t tell them they are “lite”…they will never know!
- 1/2 cup of carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup of nuts (I'm using almonds)
- 1cup of no sugar added applesauce
- 1 cup of water
- 1 box of Spice Cake Mix
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Cool Whip Free, thawed
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix with applesauce in a large bowl
- Add 1 cup water.
- Whisk thoroughly and transfer to a baking cups
- Bake in the oven (approx 30 min) until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix cream cheese and Cool Whip, and stir well.
- Transfer into piping bag (or a Ziploc sandwich bag with the tip cut out) and pipe over cooled cupcakes
- Tip: By using The Reynolds Baking Cups, you can bake two cupcakes, one for you and one your sweetie, without the temptation of left over cupcakes! #howYOUchewin'